The National Thank You Day Photo Contest has been extended to November 10, 2009, Tuesday, 5 PM. So, readers, you still have time to post a photo entry!
There are a lot of reasons to be thankful, you will surely find one. Thank you! 🙂
Please scroll down for the Photo Contest mechanics. Don’t forget to also upload your entry to the National Thank You Day – Philippines site.
If there is one value that I would want my kids to have and practice until they are grown-ups, it is the value of GRATITUDE.
I believe that the world’s happiest people are not the richest, but those who live lives of gratitude. With gratitude, one’s personal joy does not depend on people, material wealth, achievements and other external factors.
But gratitude is not learned overnight. It is an attitude that needs to be cultivated. Thankfulness is a choice we have to make from day to day, moment to moment. In times of difficulty, it’s not easy to be thankful. But if we just open our eyes, hearts and minds, there are many things to be thankful for.
Years ago, I started a Gratitude Journal. I wrote on it religiously for several years. And often, I could just go on and on and on. I realized how I have been ignoring the small things, and that if I wrote down those small things everyday, the list could grow very long. Try it yourself – start a Gratitude Journal. It is one way of cultivating a life of gratitude.
Giving thanks even for the small blessings – it is what we need to learn, as individuals and as a country. With a grateful heart, happiness will flow naturally – out of a person’s heart and into other people’s lives. And then, the sweetness of gratitude spreads.
This year, Toblerone is once again spearheading the celebration of the National Thank You Day that culminates in October 20.
As part of the NTYD celebration, Toblerone is holding a PHOTO CONTEST with the following theme: How do you spread the sweetness of gratitude?
- Contest Mechanics:
1. Contest is open to all Filipinos who are Greater Metro Manila residents, of legal age, and have blogs or personal websites (WP, Blogger, Multiply, Facebook or other platforms that qualify as blogs).
2. Contest starts today, September 7, and runs until October 16November 10, 2009 at 5 PM. All entries must be posted within this period.
3. Entrant must post one (1) photo in his/her blog with the theme “Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude” in mind. Short explanatory text is optional. But go ahead and get creative with your photo!
4. Photo must be original and owned by entrant. Entrant is responsible for seeking permissions from person/s who appear in the photo. If any minor appears in the photo, permission must be obtained from minor’s parents or guardians.
5. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to have his/her entry posted on www.thankyoudayphilippines.com and used for advertising purposes (TV, print, out-of-home, radio, PR, etc.)
6. Entrant must post a comment here with a link to the entry.
7. In addition to posting a link here, entrant must also link to the gallery of photos found at www.thankyoudayphilippines.com.
8. I will short-list five (5) finalists who will win Thank You kits from Toblerone. These five finalists will be forwarded to Toblerone, along with other bloggers’ finalists. (There are other bloggers who are hosting this same contest, so each host-blogger will have his/her own five finalists.)
9. From the pool of finalists, three (3) top winners will be selected. Winners will be determined by a panel composed of employees of Toblerone and its PR agency, GeiserMaclang Marketing Communications, Inc.
10. The top 3 winners will be recognized on October 20 _____ (To be announced) at an event, the National Thank You Day Awards. They will also receive a gift pack from Toblerone.
For more particulars, please visit www.thankyoudayphilippines.com.
Go dig your archives or get your cameras snapping! And remember to keep the spirit of fun and gratitude as you go along.
Thank You! 🙂