This is a compilation of recipes and home cooking I have blogged about in the past. I started compiling my recipes here because my sweet daughter V, who has always been outspoken, told me, one day long ago, that she loved my cooking. (I guess she still does.)
One afternoon in the car with V, while waiting for Patch to get off school. It’s snack time for V. I brought her some cheesy tuna melt sandwich. I guess she liked it because…
V: Mom, I think you should really start cooking again.
Me: Uhhh… huh. What makes you say that? I…. cook. Errrr… I taught ateJo to cook your favorite meals.
V: I know! But it’s not the same. I love your cooking.
Me: *blushes* … *guilty*
There’s nothing like wisdom from a child that jolts an adult back awake. I love V’s quips – they’re witty, funny, but she doesn’t realize she is full of wisdom.
Anyway, that conversation in the car is the reason why I put up this new tab on my blog.
Click here for my Weekend Cook series – easy home cooking recipes that any weekend kitchen warrior can do!
- Baked Herb-Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Broccoli
- Chicken, Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Teriyaki Noodles (New!)
- Duck Stewed in Beer
- Southern Fried Chicken (ala KFC) (New!)
- Cheese and Sausage Meatloaf
- Christmas Ham (Brining)
- Christmas Ham Update
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Ilocano Igado (my way)
- Juicy Mustard Burgers
- Mapo Tofu
- Pork Patties with Mushrooms
- Pork Sisig
- Pork, Shrimp and Mushroom Dumplings
- Roast Pork Loin (part 1)
- Roast Port Loin (part 2)
- School lunch: Steamed spareribs with black bean sauce (New!)
Fish and seafood recipes
- Bangus Sisig
- Salmon Belly Teriyaki (New!)
- Seafood Laksa
- Sichuan Prawns
- Steamed Pampano Fish, Chinese style
Rice, Noodles, and Pasta
- Brown Rice Fettuccine in Rustic Vodka Tomato Sauce (New!)
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Garlic Basil Pasta
- Glass Noodles with Banana Heart and Coconut Milk (Ginataang Puso ng Saging sa Sotanghon)
- How to Cook Brown Rice
- Pancit Palabok
- Squash and Sausage Pasta
Salads, Fruits and Veggies
Cocktails (good luck to me in populating this list!)
Breads and Baked Goodies