Our home switched internet providers from Globe to PLDT Fibr a few months back. We decided to subscribe to the Lite 1899 base plan, with a monthly volume allowance of 80 GB. From there, we would see if we needed to upgrade to a higher plan. So first I had to figure out how to track volume usage.
If you are also trying to figure this out, let me help you out with this step by step guide on how to track volume usage through the PLDT website.
(I am using here my laptop. So these steps apply to laptop or desktop access. Mobile access might be slightly different.)
1. Go to PLDT Home website at pldthome.com. Click on “myHome Account” on the upper right hand corner of the page, as shown below.
Oh, lookit! Ms. Universe Pia Wurtzbach is on the home page of PLDT. 😀
2. You will be led to the log in page. If you do not have a myHome account yet, you must register so click on the “register” box. Follow the steps there.
3. After creating and confirming your myHome account, you need to link it to your PLDT account number. You can find your PLDT account number at the top right of your billing statement. Enter your PLDT subscriber account number on the field, and click “link account”.
4. After linking your PLDT account to your myHome account, you will now be able to see details of your account. Hover your mouse over the area of the page as seen below, and the fields “Manage”, “Default”, and “Unlink” will appear.
Click on “Manage”.
5. You will see the Overview page, with balance details, account information, and – tada! – your volume usage details.
And that is how to track volume usage on PLDT Home Fibr. Easy peasy!
Now, to upgrade or not to upgrade – that is the question. Because the kids have been busy with school work, and husband has been busy ferrying kids from school to home on most week nights, we have not been able to watch a lot of internet TV lately. However, I see usage spikes on weekends or during long school holidays.
So I think we might not upgrade any time soon, yet. I may just avail of the booster package of 10 GB for Php199 when we need it. If you don’t want the commitment of paying for a more expensive unlimited usage plan, the booster package is a good option.