Back in July, SM launched the Master Chefs program. SM Master Chefs centers on a series of Cooking Marathons in SM Hypermarkets all over the country featuring renowned Filipino chefs and partner-brands. Since July, the Master Chefs have been touring Hypermarkets all over the country to share their expertise. Last Tuesday, it was SM Clark’s turn to host the bubbly and charismatic Master Chef Bruce Lim, owner and executive chef at Chef’s Table and Hyphy’s.
Chef Bruce Lim whipped up Corn and Crab Soup and Asian Stir-fried Pasta, both made easier and yummier using Lee Kum Kee products.
The menu at home is getting a bit tired, so I’m thinking of making these two dishes one of these days. Meanwhile, here are the recipes.
Crab and Corn Soup – perfect for a cold and rainy day.
- 200 g creamed corn
- 100 g corn kernels
- 200 g crab meat
- 20 g onions
- 5 g garlic
- 50 g carrots
- 50 g green onions (diced)
- 30 g butter (unsalted)
- 1.5 liters water
- 1 pack Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Chicken Hot Pot
- 25 g Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster Sauce
- 50 g cornstarch slurry
- To taste pepper
- Garnish: Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce or Soy Sauce (which is what I use for Chinese-style Steamed Fish because it’s not too salty and has a mild sweetish flavor)
In a large pot, melt butter and saute onions and garlic. Add carrots and Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce for 2 minutes. Add corn, water and Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Chicken Hot Pot, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, adjust seasoning, then thicken with cornstarch slurry. Once thick, add crab meat and green onions. Swirl Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce over soup right before serving.
Asian Stir-fried Pasta – incredibly simple! But it’s so yummy, the kids will think you worked so hard to make it. haha
- For chicken marinade:
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster Sauce
- 4 ml Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 15 g cornstarch
- 100 g chicken thighs ( or thigh fillets, cut into strips)
- 2.5 g chopped ginger
- 5 g minced garlic
- 2 g minced onions
- 5 g shiitake mushrooms (If dried, soak in hot water, drain, and slice into strips)
- 1.5 tsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Oyster Sauce
- 150 g cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 30 g cornstarch
- 125 ml Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Chicken Hot Pot, diluted
- 1/2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2.5 ml Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil
- 20 ml vegetable oil
- To taste, salt and pepper
Marinate chicken in marinade for 10 minutes. In a sauce pan, saute garlic, ginger and onions in oil. Add in the rest of the ingredients and saute together. (Ideally, toss in the pasta last.) Serve on a plate to delighted husband/wife and kids!
SM Master Chefs’ Cooking Marathons run in SM Hypermarkets all over the country every two weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays until end of September. Check out the schedule in an SM Hypermarket near you at NomNom Club’s website and catch Chef Bruce and the other Master Chefs in action.